Can a baby movement be felt at 18 week of pregnancy ?

Question
My wife has completed 18 week of pregnancy but she is not feeling any movement of baby.we had her quad screening (maternal serum screening 4) done on 5th of Jul and everything was normal as per report.Please guide us whether this is a matter of worry ?
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr XXXXXXX thanks for trusting health care magic.
First time pregnant females commonly fail to perceive fetal movement till 20 weeks at times.
Most common gestation period in which fetal movement perception starts is 16-20 weeks.

And the most important assuring factor is that her tests are within normal limits.
I would also like to go through her last ultrasound report so that I can see the growth parameters of the baby.
In case you have other questions I will be happy to help