Can a GI barium swallow diagnose the cause of stomach cramps?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018

General Surgeon
Question
i had a upper g.i. test today. I've had cramping in that area for about 6 month's but the pain releases when i bend a certain way and does not last long after i feel a roll or bulge yesterday morning as it has increased with frequency it happened and last 40 min instead of the usual few minutes. it isn't cramped up but is still hurting. how far down does it discover problems. the test was scheduled before a severe cramp in my lower mind tow right stomach area,. would the upper g.i barrium swallow gone low enough to diagnose that part of the problemive had 2 stomach operations .removal of gallbladder and appendices removed ,along with a radical hysterectomy
Sat, 16 Jun 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs more quantity of barium to see the stomach and lower tract.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
As per the history I could understand that you have cramping in chest and/or upper abdomen that releases on bending in a certain way. Still hurting. Barium swallow - is it done or yet to be done - if done please post the reports.
In case of Barium swallow the amount of barium given is not much that it can be traced down in a nice way - your request for additional Barium Meal with Follow-through can opacify/see-for the stomach and small intestines and even the colon.

What was the Radical hysterectomy done for?
Any Upper GI Endoscopy done?
Please give detailed history and post reports for me to assist you better.

I hope this answers your query.
Please give feedback, post reports, detailed history and ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.