Can a 7 months old baby be fed by half boiled eggs?

Excellent

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question

My baby is 7 months old. My elders have advised me to feed a half boiled egg to her every morning. An egg which is boiled for only 5 minutes ,I have seen that the egg yolk was still soft liquid. I was told to feed only the liquid yolk and not the egg white.
I am confused if I should do that because I have read that half cooked eggs can cause infections.
please advice.

warm regards XXXXXXX
5 days ago in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Arun 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Avoid half cooked eggs

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Never ever give half cooked eggs.
There are two reasons why I say so
1. Yes half cooked eggs cam be a source of dangerous infections like salmenollosis.
2. Only after full cooking the avidin in egg is destroyed. This avidin needs to be destroyed only then the protein will be available for our body system.
So my advice
Never give half boiled eggs.
Also give only yellow yolk till 1 year.
Avoid white portion till 1 year as it can be allergic to some kids.
Dr Arun