Can a 7 months old baby be fed by half boiled eggs?
My baby is 7 months old. My elders have advised me to feed a half boiled egg to her every morning. An egg which is boiled for only 5 minutes ,I have seen that the egg yolk was still soft liquid. I was told to feed only the liquid yolk and not the egg white.
I am confused if I should do that because I have read that half cooked eggs can cause infections.
warm regards XXXXXXX
Avoid half cooked eggs
Thanks for writing to us.
Never ever give half cooked eggs.
There are two reasons why I say so
1. Yes half cooked eggs cam be a source of dangerous infections like salmenollosis.
2. Only after full cooking the avidin in egg is destroyed. This avidin needs to be destroyed only then the protein will be available for our body system.
So my advice
Never give half boiled eggs.
Also give only yellow yolk till 1 year.
Avoid white portion till 1 year as it can be allergic to some kids.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- 9 month old baby has boil
- Is it okay to feed boil eggs to a 7 month old
- Baby fed with old formula what to do
- 3 month old soy fed clay poop
- Boil on my 3month old babys head
- How many times a 2 and half month old baby stools
- Half boil egg during pregnancy
- Whats the good and bad of eating half boiled eggs
- Half boiled egg baby
- 3 and half month old baby snooring