Can a 4 year old child be tested for allergies?
A kid of 4 years can be tested for allergies
Hi... a kid of 4 years age can be tested for allergies.
By what you quote as testing for allergies I assume that you are referring to skin prick test or patch test or intra dermal tests.
Skin tests are easy to perform and there are no absolute contraindications. Age is not a contraindication, although the poor reproducibility of skin prick tests in the first few months of life have led to them not being recommended for children under the age of six months.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
If you are happy with the interaction kindly close and rate it
I wish your kid a speedy recovery. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link. Please find the link below -
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Eye allergy medicine 4 year old
- Signs of milk allergy in 1 year old
- Three year old has red eyes with allergies
- 30 years old allergies difficulty breathing smoking
- 2 year old with fever and allergies
- 7 year old no appetite dairy allergy
- 8 year old feeling dizzy due to allergy
- 4 year old allergy eyes
- 3 year old with itchy rashes on the hands allergy
- 10 year old child having allergy to egg cure