question-icon

Can a 4 year old child be tested for allergies?

Posted on Mon, 9 May 2016
Question: Can a child age 4 be tested for allergies.
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani (25 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
A kid of 4 years can be tested for allergies

Detailed Answer:
Hi... a kid of 4 years age can be tested for allergies.

By what you quote as testing for allergies I assume that you are referring to skin prick test or patch test or intra dermal tests.

Skin tests are easy to perform and there are no absolute contraindications. Age is not a contraindication, although the poor reproducibility of skin prick tests in the first few months of life have led to them not being recommended for children under the age of six months.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth
Follow up: Dr. Sumanth Amperayani (1 hour later)
Thank you. XXXXXXX ,the patien, lives in Oklahoma and we are having an early spring and the otc meds are no longer working. We will take her to our family Dr.
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani (19 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
If you are happy with the interaction kindly close and rate it

Detailed Answer:
I wish your kid a speedy recovery. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link. Please find the link below -

www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-sumanth-amperayani/67696
Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology