Can Zolpidem cause kidney failure?

Excellent

Question
Can zolpidem 10mg cause kidney failure? I only have one kidney and had the left one removed when I was 20 due to a reflux problem that was caught to late. I was operated when I was 8 and my lower half extremity of left kidney was removed and they removed one of the ureturs being that I was born with double ureters on each kidney. finally removing the left kidney entirely when I was 20. now im 32 and I cant sleep...
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
not a major concern

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It is true that your past medical history puts you at a greater risk of developing kidney failure. However, if medical advice is well followed up, and all treatable and avoidable risk factors for kidney failure well taken care of, this should not be a major call for concern. Many do live with single kidneys and lead normal well prolonged lives. So no worries in that regard.

Acute kidney failure is no major concern with Zolpidem, especially if the drug is taken in its appropriate doses, without exceeding the maximal dose. I do suggest you simply follow your doctor's prescription.

Checking for your blood pressure , treatment of diabetes if present are critical with regards to kidney care.

No worries for now, except you got any other special concerns. I will be glad getting any follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Dr Bain