Can Zoloft and Klonopin cause low platelet count?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Sat, 3 Mar 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Can my low platelet count be due to some of the long term medications I am taking. Zoloft and klonopin????
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but unfourtanetly both medications can cause thrombocytopenia on long term use.. Thrombocytopenia is when you have platlet count below normal range . This side effect is more likely to occur if you have been using these medications for more that one year and also is more common in patients above 60 years of age. I hope I answered your question ..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T