Can Zantac cause inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract?
Zantac doesn't cause inflammation!
Hi and thanks so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about your pains and all the symptoms that you have reported. I have reviewed this information fully and feel comfortable responding to your query.
1. Zantac is not known to cause inflammation of the intestines. Am certain your symptoms have been a coincidence while on this drug and not a cause-effect relationship.
2. Given the nature of symptoms, IBS seems likely. I will recommend largely Diet changes and lifestyle modifications: Increase fruits, fluids, vegetables and fibers in take. Regular exercise of 20-30mins daily of moderate intensity would be a great way to go as well. It might take several weeks to see significant change with the diet and lifestyle plan.
I hope this helps and is guiding enough. Let me hear back from you. I wish you well and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Get an abdominal X-ray done!
Hi and thanks for this follow up question.
I will suggest that you get an abdominal x-ray done. If this is not conclusive, then we will get a CT-scan. It is important we look at the nature and content of the intestinal loops. While it might not be ranitidine as the cause, there could really be something going wrong.
Keep me posted on what the findings are.
Can you send the ER report to me?
Please kindly upload the ER report to me. I will need to know what the exact findings are before weighing in.
For now, I prefer food rich in fibers such as vegetables, fruits and fibers. I will also encourage increase fluid intake and regular moderate levels of physical exercise. This is the best way to address constipation-food rich in residues after digestion.
Further insights and guidance will come once i review the ER report.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes mucus stools while taking zantac for acid reflux
- Can taking zantac daily cause health problems
- Zantac causes oragne urine
- Does zantac really cause hair loss
- Is zantac a ppi
- Zantac syrup causing yellow teeth
- Can zantac cause a heart attack
- Children zantac cause yellow stool
- Zantac cause costochondritis
- Does nexium and zantac cause diverticulosis?
- CT scan showed cancer tumor inside liver. Swollen abdomen, little...
- Shaved around private parts and around base of penis. Bumps are like...
- Having blood pressure. Taking Sandoz Fenofibrate. Should I go for higher...
- Severe anal itching and rashes on buttocks. Suggest medication
- Stomach upset, gas and bloating. What could this be?
- Can I contract HIV through blowjob?
- Having swollen testicles. Could this be a sign of cancer?
- Had rectal prolapse surgery. Should I be concerned of having irregular...
- What causes numbness in toe?
- Is Hydrazine sulfate effective for cancer patients suffering from cachexia?