Can Z-pak be taken for pressure in ears?
you'd better visit your doctor
allergies may cause nasal congestion and ear symptoms but the most likely cause is an infection of the upper respiratory system. Most such infections are viral in origin but bacterial complications may ensue, like bacterial otitis after common cold. Your doctor may assess (by clinically examining you) your condition and determine the need for antibiotics.
Pressure in the ears - if constant and not fluctuating - may be a sign of ear infection. Fluctuating sense of fullness may be just a eustachian tube dysfunction accompanying an upper respiratory tract infection. The first case might require antibiotics while the latter does not.
So in conclusion, the need for antibiotics requires a careful assessment of the respiratory tract and cannot be done within the limits of this discussion. Unnecessarily using antibiotics might increase the risk for side effects like antibiotic associated diarrhea, liver damage, etc
I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ear pressure like water in ear
- Ear pressure feeling of water in ear
- Pressure in ear numb no ear infection taking allegra
- Ear fungus double ear infection swollen glands pressure on ears
- Inner ear infection and pressure in ear
- Mastoid, masseter, ear pressure and ringging in ears
- Headache pressure in eye and ears taken paracetamol advice
- Pressure in ear lymph node behind ear
- Ear ache pressure in ear
- Tightness around the ear and ear pressure