Can Wellbutrin cause excessive sweating?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I take Wellbutrin XL 300mg every morning. I also take a BC powder for chronic headaches. I have noticed that I have severe sweats. My head will be soaking wet. Could this be caused from the Wellbutrin.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Wellbutrin can cause excessive sweating, but reduced with time

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM

I have gone through your query.
Wellbutrin contains Bupropion, excessive perspiration has been reported, but is not common.

How long you have been on this agent. Usually excessive sweating decreases with time. If it is affecting your daily activity, you should see the prescribed doctor for further help.

Hope this helps, I'll be glad to clear any further doubt.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad