question-icon

Can Vyvanse be taken for depression?

Posted on Sat, 16 May 2015
Question: this site is no help to me I am struggling with depression and anxiety and can't focus vyvanse helped me and you doctors are telling me it's not thank you for the nonhelpfulness
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho (33 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Vyvanse is still being studied about depression use.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.

Vyvanse is prescribed mainly to treat Attention deficit disorder, its use to treat depression is still in study phase.

You need first a diagnosis of your problems, and after that treatment.

So you need to discuss your concerns with a Psychologist or Psychiatrist first.

If you say Vyvanse helps, I believe yo, but be aware because its use can cause dependence and addiction.

Yiu can use short-term Xanax 0.25 mg twice a day eg. to deal with anxiety and depression.

Once again, consult a Psychologist or a Psychiatrist.

Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical