Can Vytorin cause excessive daytime sleepiness?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: MY WIFE IS 69. SHE STARTING TO SLEEP HEAVILY DURING THE DAY. ARE ANY OF THESE DRUGS A POSSIBLE CAUSE? SHE ALSO SUFFERS FROM TREATMENT RESISTANT DEPRESSION, BACK P PROBLEMS, AND SPENDS MOST OF HER TIME IN BED. SHE WAS TAKING VYTORIN, BUT WE STOPPED IT A WEEK AGO. HOWEVER, HER SLEEPING HAS GONE ON FOR MONTHS.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No it is unlike cause

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Vytorin is not a likely cause for daytime sleep as sedative effects are very much limited and do not cause prolonged sleep.

It is possible that she suffers with atypical depression and that could be the more likely cause for her long sleep including day.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to.
Thanks and regards.