Can Voltaren gel be used for lower back pain?
It helps temporarily.
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain that you have in the lower back and on the right is likely to be a muscular pain and can be a posture related pain. Such pain can be temporarily relieved with hot compress and local analgesic gel like Voltaren. The gel acts superficially on the skin as a counter irritant and causes pain relief. The associated massage also relaxes the spasmodic muscles.
In case the pain is persistent then taking oral muscle relaxants will help. Ensure that you maintain an appropriate posture while working on the computer. Take frequent stretch breaks and drink lots of water. Discontinue using pillow while sleeping straight. Do not lift heavy objects, especially after bending down. Eat a healthy wholesome meal which should satisfy your minerals and proteins requirement.
The most essential and long lasting remedy is exercises. There are certain back strengthening and isometric exercises that you must learn from a physiotherapist and perform them at home whenever possible.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Oral muscle relaxants will help.
Thanks for writing again.
Oral muscle relaxants like Chlorzoxazone can help you. You will need a prescription from your doctor for that.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?