Can Viagra be taken with Isosorbide Mononitrate, Quinapril, Atorvastatin and Metoprolol?

Posted on Tue, 27 Sep 2016 in Men's Health
Question: Can Viagra be taken with Isosorbide Mono, Quinapril, Atorvastatin, Metoprolol. Just wondering if it would be worth me asking my doctor for Viagra.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no, it cannot be used with any nitrates

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Viagra and similar medications (cialis and levitra) CANNOT be used with any nitrate.

This combination is contraindicated (not advised, avoided).

Viagra/cialis/levitra work by causing dilation/enlargement of blood vessels thereby improving blood flow.
Nitrates also work in the same way. It is thought that the combination would cause dangerous decreases or drops in blood pressure

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions

Dr. Michelle Gibson James