Can Viagra and Concor be taken together?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that you should be very careful when using Concor and Viagra concomitantly, because there exists an adverse interaction between them.
Bisoprolol (Concor) will increase the level or effect of Sildenafil (Viagra) by decreasing hepatic clearance.
It is necessary to closely monitor for potential adverse effects of Viagra (dizziness, diarrhea, headache, nausea, vomiting, etc.).
Sildenafil (Viagra) clearance decreased by around 34% when co-administered with beta-blockers.
So, it is recommended to decrease (you may halve) the dose of Concor (Bisoprolol) when planning to take Viagra.
Hope to have been helpful to you!
In case of any further uncertainties, feel free to ask me again!
Opinion as follows:
Reducing the dose of Concor while planning to take is a wise precaution to avoid potential adverse effects that may arise by both drugs interaction.
This is because, as I explained you above, Concor may increase the Viagra plasma level, leading to potentially adverse effects.
So dose reduction is mostly for your safety.
You need also to discuss with your prescribing doctor or the recommended temporary Concor dose reduction.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Oligacare and viagra can be taken toghther
- Can you take viagra and lofepramine together
- Is penicillin and viagra alright to take together
- Ramipril taken with viagra
- Viagra and bisoprolol fumarate taken together
- Penicillin and viagra be taken togethet
- Concor concor cor unterschied
- Concor a concor cor rozdíl
- Can losartan potassium be taken with viagra
- Can norvasc be taken with viagra
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?