Can Vesicare and Bactrim DS lead to dehydration?
Vesicare can lead to severe dehydration
Vesicare contains solifenacin succinate which can cause dry mouth and dry eyes leading to severe dehydration.
Bactrim DS dose not cause dehydration.
I would advise your wife to increase her water intake.
Water is usually enough to rehydrate adults
She should sip small amounts of water and clear fluids throughout the day.
She can also drink carbohydrate or electrolyte containing drinks.
I would also advise her to increase intake of water-rich fruits and vegetables.
Such fruits and vegetables contain hydrating salts, minerals and sugars, hence they work in a way similar to the isotonic drinks favored by athletes.
Some fruits and vegetables with high water content are watermelon, cantaloupe, grapefruit, oranges, strawberries, cucumber, grapes, papaya, celery, lettuce, radishes, spinach, zucchini and tomatoes.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Monish De, Oncologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes acid reflux post normal upper endoscopy?
- Suggest treatment for stage 3 non small cell lung cancer
- Suggest treatment for ovarian cancer
- What causes chronic abdominal pain, nausea and fatigue?
- What causes swelling in armpit,collar bone ,face and hair loss?
- Suggest alternatives to chemotherapy for gall bladder cancer?
- Is esophogeal cancer a slow growing cancer?
- Suggest treatment plan when suffering with breast cancer
- Suggest treatment for melanoma
- What are symptoms of leukemia and lyphoma?