Can Triptorelin cause false positive after embryo transfer procedure?
Triptorelin can't lead to elevated bhcg level.
Hi, I think triptorelin can't lead to high bhcg level. Urine test can be positive due to implantation. So, I think she has conceived. But the level of bhcg is not very high. You will have to repeat the test after 48 hours to see the rise in bhcg. If it doubles, then it is a normal thing. Generally bhcg is done after 2 weeks of embryo transfer which gives a good value of bhcg and confirms the pregnancy. But anyways just do a serum bhcg after 48 hours. She will continue all her medicines as prescribed. You can consult your doctor. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any other question, I will be happy to help.
serum bhcg only detects hcg present in blood.
Hi, yes serum bhcg detects only hcg molecules in blood. LH does have a similar structure to hcg but it can't be detected by this test. bhcg can be positive only if one is pregnant or taken hcg injection recently within 3 days or if there is any hcg secreting ovarian tumour in the body. So, in your case it is due to pregnancy only. Hope I have answered your question.
Yes she conceived.
Congratulations your wife has conceived. You can repeat the test after one week or you may go for a ultrasound to see the pregnancy sac. In ultrasound, the sac will be visible only when bhcg value crosses 1500 mark. She will continue all her medicines. Consult your doctor.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any other query, I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bed position after embryo transfer
- What causes softer stool after embryo transfer
- Causes of diarrhea after embryo transfer
- Bloating after embryo transfer causes
- Best position for after embryo transfer
- Best sleeping position after embryo transfer
- Sleep position embryo transfer
- Cramping caused by embryo transfer procedure
- Is bending can cause problem after embryo transfer
- Frozen embryo transfer procedure
- What do low testosterone levels indicate?
- What causes severe abdominal and back pain?
- What causes low sperm count?
- Suggest remedies for severe abdominal pain caused by endometriosis
- Suggest treatment for infertility while having PCOD
- Is total sperm count of 38.4 a cause for concern?
- I have total sperm count of 38.4 and i have
- What does the following semen analysis test result indicate?
- What causes absence of fetal cardiac activity during 7th week of pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for dengue fever when diagnosed with erectile dysfunction