question-icon

Can Triamcinolone acetonide cream be used to treat redness on foreskin of penis?

Posted on Wed, 27 May 2015
Question: Can Nystatin/Triamcinolone/ Acetonide cream be used to treat redness under the foreskin of my penis?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James (16 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
yes , it can be used

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Yes, this can be used. Infection/inflammation can involve the foreskin, the glans (this infection is called balanitis)

Triamcinolone acetonide is a steroid so it would reduce any inflammation present, the smallest amount needed should be used.
The anti fungal aspect would help if there is concurrent fungal infection which is some the case.

You may also find the following helpful: (1) avoid any irritating soaps for now, clean gently with warm water
(2)salt water baths may also help to reduce irritation

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Dr. Michelle Gibson James