Can Triamcinolone acetonide cream be used for bee stings?

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: should I use triamcinolone acetonide cream on bee stings that are red (stingers are now out)?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Local Steroid application not recommended

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Sir

Local application of Triamcinolone which is a steroid is not advisable for bee sting.
The management of bee sting is simple

1. Removal of sting
2. Antihistaminic like Benadryl
3. Local application of Calamine lotion to have soothing effect

As you have effectively done all the three there is no further need of anything. I hope the symptoms of bee sting are only restricted to site of bite and there are no systemic symptoms like generalized itching or difficulty in breathing.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh
Consultant Surgeon