Can Tretinoin help cure red blisters on lips?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 6 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello I was talking with a doctor a few weeks ago on this site about a small red dot on my lip that I have had for several months. I sent him a picture and he thought that it was angioma. He said that a dermatologist could treat it or tretinoin cream has been known to help but could take a long time. I am not worried about it taking a long time just that it doesn't scab up. The doctor mentioned dont worry about it scarring. My question is with tretinoin cream will it just gradually disappear over time or turn into a scab before falling off? Thanks so much
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Form a scab before falling off

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to healthcaremagic
On application of tretinoin cream it will first form a scab before falling off but the scab won't be very noticeable.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T