Can Tonact be discontinued without doctor's consent?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: i am taking Tonact 10 since last 4 months and my cholesterol level is normal now. can i quite this medicine now?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
if there have been major lifestyle change then can be stopped,levels check

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The cholesterol levels would be normal because of the medication unless there are a lot of other lifestyle changes eg significant change of diet and an increase in physical activity.

If there has been a change in diet with the use of a lot of fiber and a reduction in fatty/fried foods and also an increase in activity then it is possible that the diet and activity may keep the cholesterol down and you can stop the medication. You would need to discuss this with your doctor and your levels would need to be checked in a 6 weeks to 3 months.

If there has not been a significant change in diet or activity then it is best to continue the medication.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions