Can Theracumin be taken along with Methotrexate, Pyralin and Meloxicam?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Lupus
Question: I am currently on methotrexate pyralin and meloxicam
I have been on the methotrexate for 8 months and the pyramid etc for 10 weeks
My blood tests showed my levels are 32 and I have been advised to start a self injecting drug. I had 4 vaccines and have to wait 4 weeks to start the new drug.
I am in so much pain and feel depressed And not my usual self
I am wanting to try theracumin or soothe arthritis but I am unsure if I can start these now while taking the drugs
I am tempted to stop all medication as I am extremely frustrated with the pain and the way I feel
Please help
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please mention the disease you are having.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that , I think your doctor will be starting you on TNF alpha inhibitor , that injectable drug that you are talking about . Theracumin is turmeric root extract , there is no contraindication as its just a supplement but I doubt if its going to heal your disease .

Also please let me know exactly what type of arthritis you are having so that I can guide you regarding pain relief according to that.

Dr. Shruti

Follow up: Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 10 hours later
Sorry - I have psoriatic arthritis
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should continue the drugs as prescribed .

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for reverting back .

I know that pain can be really debilitating . I think you should try etoricoxib 90 mg once daily , its a good anti-inflammtory and will help you out. The new injectable drug must be biological therapy either ustekinumab or adalimumab which will help you out tremendously , so have some patience and comply with what your doctor is telling you. Its just 4 weeks that you have to pass . You can talk to your doctor regarding the same and get back to me with what he says .

Any other doubts please ask.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D