question-icon

Can Terbinafine affect male fertility?

Posted on Sat, 16 Jun 2012
Question: Can Terbinafine affect male fertility?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (7 hours later)
Terbenafine has not been reported to be associated with a decreased sperm count or motility in the literature. The findings of decreased count and motility of the sperms is not likely to be due to the treatment you are taking with the anti fungal agent.
You can safely complete your treatment for fungal infection and then attend an infertility clinic for further management.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN