Can TSH test be done after breakfast?
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi wani. I will be answering your concern.
TSH test can be done after breakfast. There is no need to be fasting.
If you are taking thyroid hormone ( Thyroxine/Eltroxin) tablet, on the day of the test DON'T TAKE THE TABLET BEFORE THE TEST. You can take it once the blood is drawn for the test.
I hope I have answered your concern.
If you have any further queries do contact me through Healthcare Magic. If you have no further concern please close the discussion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes cramps and menstruation once in sex months?
- What causes bleeding after sexual intercourse?
- How to confirm date of conception?
- Are ultrasound conception dates accurate?
- Is it safe to start antibiotics before the labour starts?
- What causes early period after having Postinor-2?
- Can TSH test be done after breakfast?
- suggest treatment for symptoms of prolapse of vaginal wall or uterus
- What causes upper abdominal pain during pregnancy?
- Does prolactin level in my blood report indicate pregnancy?