question-icon

Can THC be detected in the body nine months after its discontinuation?

Posted on Sat, 8 Feb 2020
Question: If you are clean from thc more then 4 months and have a one time use in the last 10 days will that show up in a hair test and if so how much pg,ng,or mg would that be? Will it go over 50 ng
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako (51 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

Depends on how fast your hair grows.

Detailed Answer:

Thc in general can be detected in the hair for after 90 days after stopping it in chronic users. Because, the hair test is the most accurate test.

But, depending on how fast the hair grows, if you have hair from 4 months ago, it would still show in your hair for up to 1 year.
This also depends on the technology that they are going to use.

So, I don't think that what you used just once 10 days ago it is going to be detected, but what you used 4 months ago still can be detected, even if a lower chance.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Klarida Papaqako, General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Klarida Papaqako