Can Staphlococcus aureus be transmitted through oral intercourse?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Infections
Question: I am a widow and I acquired MSSA after a cardiac XXXXXXX in which my femoral artery was "stapled" ? to a "pseudo-aneuryism, and was on nafcillin for six weeks and a wound vac. Several months later, after not having sex for many years I did have oral sex with a man who got quite sick and disappeared. I am afraid to date anyone else. Will I have this forever?

I was really concerned this man got sick and never thought I carried anything communicable and did suggest he get a culture. Is this transferrable?
Answered by Dr. Srilatha Myaka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It might not be communicable

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,welcome to healthcare magic.I understand your concern.
In my opinion Staphlococcus aureus might be the common organism in this cathetar associated infections. Methicillin sensitive staphlococcus aureus(MSSA)
might have responded to 6 weeks course of antiboitics.
There is another type called methicillin resistant staphlococcus aureus which might not respond to this antiboitic.
So dont worry that it might be not be there and you might not have communicated any disease.
As you dont have symptoms like fever there might not be any infection.
The sickness of your friend might need testing to confirm the diagnosis.
So relax.
Hope this satisfies your query.
Feel free to discuss further.
Best regards...dr.srilatha
Dr. Srilatha Myaka

OBGYN