• question-icon

Can Spondylolisthesis cause nerve pain in the legs and skin hypersensitivity?

Posted on Mon, 9 Oct 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I hair have stage 4 spondylinthisis L4 & S1 I have no problems except maybe once a year . Then extreme pain and complete recovery again . Right now I am experiencing a burning nerve pain in my right thigh ,my skin feels hypersensitive can this be related.?
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be meralgia paresthetica

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
Spondylolisthesis if not troubling you then there is no need for operation at present.
Your current problem - burning in right thigh is likely to be due to a condition called meralgia paresthetica. It has no direct or indirect relation to spondylolisthesis.
I suggest pain killers ,and a combination of pregabalin and methycobalamine.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon