Can Solian and Lexapro be taken together?
As far as i know, at low dosage, amisulpride (100-300 mg) has a little dpaminergic effect, so it helps for example for social phobia. But i would like to know if this dopaminergic effect in prefrontal cortex can create some symptoms of OCD, since i hace them sometimes and they are worse at amisulpride 200mg, for example, but they disappear at higher dosage (400 mg).
My psychiatrist decided to give me a higher dosage of Lexapro (from 2.5 mg to 5 mg, i am a poor metabolizer for cyp2c19) since sometimes these symptoms of OCD are back. I have been told that an interaction between Lexapro and Solian can happen.
No major interaction
Thanks again for query.
There is no specific direct interaction between solian and lexapro. Solian in high dose cause Qtc interval prolongation and with lexapro if in 15-20 mg, this effect will be more.Otherwise no significant interaction.
Solian is D2-D3(Dopamine) antagonis as well as 5HT7(serotonin) antagonist. It's 5HT effect will help in depression and like in OCD. At low dose this effect will be seen. At higher doses(>300 mg) more dopaminergic effect and OC symptoms can occur.So at your 100 mg dose , you should not worry.
Hope I have answered your query,
I will be glad to answer further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Chlorpromazine and Sodium Valproate Sandoz be taken in pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest treatment for delayed ejaculation
- How to wean off of Trazadone?
- What causes anxiety and visual problems after taking psychedelic mushrooms?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety
- What causes drowsiness during day time?
- Can Solian and Lexapro be taken together?
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction caused by over masturbation
- Suggest an alternative treatment for premature ejaculation