Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
Muscle pain is a common side effect of simvastatine
The side effects of simvastatine can occur even after four years.
Muscle pain is a side effect of simvastatine and in this case I suggest you to stop using it temporarly.
I also suggest you to do a kidney check up.
The examinations that should be done are:
-creatine kinase (CK) in the blood to check any muscle damage.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Simvastatin and lipitor side effects
- Simvastatin side effect cystitis
- Side effects of simvastatin tablets
- Statins side effects simvastatin
- Is sneezing a side effect of simvastatin?
- Simvastatin side effects
- Simvastatin amlodipine side effects
- Simvastatin side effects in men
- Simvastatin and aspirin side effects
- Common side effects of simvastatin
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?