Can Sevista be used in place of Primosa?

General Surgeon
Question
Last feb i felt pain in both my breast.after usg it mentioned bilateral fibroadenosis.doctor told me to take primosa 500 for 6 months.after taking medicine for few months, of and on the breast pain comes and again dissappers. On my husbands advise i visited another doctor who reccommended me to take sevista 30 and B long in place of primosa.Should I take the medicine?Advise.
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you may take them

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

For fibroadenosis, the first line of drug is primosa only. But the dose you were taking is half of the recommend dose, unless you were taking two tablets. The actual dose is 1000 mg three times a day.

In severe cases or those not responding to the first line, second line drugs like oral contraceptives are tried. Sevista is one of them. B long is vitamin B6 and it also helps in this condition.

So you can go with it or take the first one in correct dose. Also avoid caffine and wear supportive brassier.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma