Can Serratiopeptidase and Rifampicin be taken together?

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: an I take serratiopeptidase and rifampicin together

As discussed before that I am in treatment of semen TB. Presently I am taking rifampicin and bendon, carni-Q daily. Recently I got skin root hair infection at armpit. Doctor advised me take Ibrufen and serratiopeptidase for reduce the sewelling and infection.Already I complete one dose of serratiopeptidase today morning.I want to clarify that I am in right combination.
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
Seratiopeptidase is a proteolytic enzyme which is believed to be antiinflammatory though the evidence is not strong.
There is no harm in taking it along with Rifampicin.
Best wishes