Can Secnidazole be taken with Ecospirin?

Dr. Hardik Thakker

Posted on Thu, 3 Jul 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: With single dose secnidazole can i continue usual dose of 150 mg ecospirin
Answered by Dr. Hardik Thakker 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes it is safe

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX

Greetings from health care magic!!! I am Dr Thakker and shall be answering your question.

Secnidazole causes fatal haemorrhage with warfarin which affects the clotting factors. However aspirin works in a different way by inhibiting platelets. There are no reports of secnidazole interacting with aspirin. Hence you can take it safely 150 mg per day.

I hope this helps you out. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to write back to me.

Yours sincerely,
Dr Thakker.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj