Can Satrogyl-O and Darolac be taken for stomach infection?

Question
should i take satrogyll o and darolac for amibiosis kind of present symptoms? i think my present gastro doctor is negligent . has given me ppi for 13 months for stomach infection and depression. i took cipralex 5 for 10 months on psychiatrist advicewhile taking ppi. i am doing Ramdev pranayam now and improving fast. mood swing is improving. dont want to take depression medicine for next 12 months. pl help.
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Darolac will help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The symptoms that you are having might be a result of an irritable bowel syndrome- more prominent with stress and anxiety. Try to do some dietary changes and lifestyle modifications for relief. Taking antibiotics like Satrogyl-o is not likely to help you much. However
taking pre and probiotics like Darolac will help.
1.Some vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts) and legumes (beans) may worsen bloating and gassiness and should be avoided.
2.Dietary fiber may lessen symptoms of constipation.
3.Drink plenty of water, and avoid carbonated drinks such as soda, which may cause gas and discomfort.
4.Eat smaller meals and eat slowly to help reduce cramping and frequent stools.
5.Low fat, high carbohydrate meals such as pasta, rice, and whole-grain/ wheat breads may help .
Reduce Caffeine,Alcohol,Dairy products,Fatty foods,Artificial sweeteners .

You can use some over the counter drugs like pepto bismol, tums/ Digene, imodium, entrocalm, etc for symptomatic relief.

Daily exercises along with a low fat diet will help you overcome the problems.

If your condition does not improve i then suggest you to get a per rectal examination and investigations like colonoscopy, nerve conduction velocity stool culture and ultrasound done under the guidance of a gastroenterologist for the diagnosis.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal