Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Can Satrogyl-O and Darolac be taken for stomach infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12589 Questions
should i take satrogyll o and darolac for amibiosis kind of present symptoms? i think my present gastro doctor is negligent . has given me ppi for 13 months for stomach infection and depression. i took cipralex 5 for 10 months on psychiatrist advicewhile taking ppi. i am doing Ramdev pranayam now and improving fast. mood swing is improving. dont want to take depression medicine for next 12 months. pl help.
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Darolac will help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The symptoms that you are having might be a result of an irritable bowel syndrome- more prominent with stress and anxiety. Try to do some dietary changes and lifestyle modifications for relief. Taking antibiotics like Satrogyl-o is not likely to help you much. However
taking pre and probiotics like Darolac will help.
1.Some vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts) and legumes (beans) may worsen bloating and gassiness and should be avoided.
2.Dietary fiber may lessen symptoms of constipation.
3.Drink plenty of water, and avoid carbonated drinks such as soda, which may cause gas and discomfort.
4.Eat smaller meals and eat slowly to help reduce cramping and frequent stools.
5.Low fat, high carbohydrate meals such as pasta, rice, and whole-grain/ wheat breads may help .
Reduce Caffeine,Alcohol,Dairy products,Fatty foods,Artificial sweeteners .

You can use some over the counter drugs like pepto bismol, tums/ Digene, imodium, entrocalm, etc for symptomatic relief.

Daily exercises along with a low fat diet will help you overcome the problems.

If your condition does not improve i then suggest you to get a per rectal examination and investigations like colonoscopy, nerve conduction velocity stool culture and ultrasound done under the guidance of a gastroenterologist for the diagnosis.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor