Can STD be transmitted through saliva?

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: A girl put her fingers in her mouth and transferred some saliva to my mouth a few times in a kinky act.
There were no apparent open sores visible that I could see (from outside).

I have no symptoms.
What are my sti risks? If there any risks, what is the best amount of time to wait to get tested?
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No risk for STDs

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You are concerned about contracting an STD from saliva. There is no STD that you can get from transferring saliva. If there was kissing and the person had a cold sore you could possibly get herpes infection but that is really the only type of STD possible with saliva. So from your description you have no risk for STDs

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
Follow up: Dr. Ronald Schubert 17 minutes later
Thank you very much. Just one clarification: Is there any risk from Syphilis?
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No risk of syphilis

Detailed Answer:
There is absolutely no risk for syphilis