Can STD be transmitted through saliva?

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: i went to a dominatrix and she let her spit and saliva drip on my penis (I think i covered my penis on time so maybe a small portion of her saliva actually hit the penis, do I need a STD test for that?

also she dressed me in women panties and I had it on for like 30 min, I don't know if anyone and whom had it before me. anything to be concerned about ? do I need a STD test for that?
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need for STDs tests with given description.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for query. I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
Welcome back to health care magic.I have gone through the details.
Usually STDs are not transmitted by saliva. There are possibilities of STDs like herpes getting transmitted, if there were active lesions in her at the time of contact. It is unlikely with given description.
Moreover it appears that there was no contact with saliva.
Sharing innerwears can transmit some infections like scabies, fungal infection etc.STDs are very unlikely.
Infections are unlikely with a short period of contact .
Maintaining genital hygiene may prevent even such infections.
I do not see need for any STDs tests with given description. But you can observe for any symptoms like rash,itching,discharge.

You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Dermatologist and venerologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 22 minutes later
what is if the saliva did touch my penis?
if symptoms like rash,itching,discharge do come any need to worry? also how long do I need to lookout for it?
also, anything I can do now to prevent anything from happening?
also is it ok to be with my partner?
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Look for symptoms for 2 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.
I do not see any risk with the given description. Even if some saliva comes in contact the transmission of STDs is unlikely.

You can observe for 2 weeks for any rash or discharge. Usually it would appear by 2 weeks.
If any symptoms develop you can get back with clear photos and details for clarification. Else consult doctor for examination and management.

For now just clean the area with warm water twice daily. Maintain genital hygiene. Avoid friction and irritation.

You can wait for 2 weeks to lead a normal life if in doubt( of saliva contact).
You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti

Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 31 minutes later
if I am understanding you correctly - no chance of an STD with my description to you above, but if I want to be extra careful, I should wait 2 weeks and if (hopefully) nothing shows up, I can have normal relations with my partner and no need for STD tests.
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes.You are right.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.
Yes.Your interpretation is right.
You can get back for any clarification else please close the discussion and rate.
Wish you good health

Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Dermatologist