Can STD be transmitted through a normal body massage?

Excellent
Question
Hi, I went to massage parlour for regular non sexual massage, the lady applied lotion on my back and touched my tits, when she asked about sexual massage i denied and came out, she touched me only once on my back while applying lotion and to my tits before start massage, i am worried that i may have been exposed to sti as the massager could have std ..pls help i am over thinking.. ?
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No STD can be transmitted

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for query.I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering .
The mode of transmission described by you in no way can transmit any of the STDs .
So you can totally allay the fear of STDs.
You can get back to me for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh

Follow-up: Can STD be transmitted through a normal body massage? 17 minutes later
thanks Doctor for your quick reply. I will never ever go to massage parlour, i was not knowing that it can be so stressful. Your answer has helped and provided me relief.

Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thank you .lead a safe happy life

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.
I am happy that you are relieved of worries and anxiety.
Please allay all anxiety and lead a safe happy life
You can get back to me for any clarifications else please close the discussion and rate.
Wish you good health
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh

Follow-up: Can STD be transmitted through a normal body massage? 22 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Sorry for asking you one more question, i saw on net that herpes can be transmitted by skin to skin contact, the lady touched me with her palm on my back while applying lotion, may be for like 30 sec to 1 minute, is this consider skin to skin contact, do i need to do any std tests . I have not done any sexual contact or she did any, also does the std virus survive in lotion and can be transmitted ?

thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes but with wounds or abrasions.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.
Yes herpes can be transmitted through skin to skin contact, If there are active lesions in the partner hand and abrasions/ wounds/ulcers in the recipient skin.I do not think of it as a possibility here.Moreover no sexual contact.
Many organisms cause STD but they do not usually transmit through the lotions as thought by you.Some may survive outside the body for few minutes.
Do you think they have put purposefully in lotions it is unlikely
So please forget the episode and concentrate on your works and lead a happy safe life.
Wish you good health
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh