Can STD be contracted through protected intercourse?
I did something very stupid that I regret and had protected oral as well as protected vaginal intercourse with an asian massage therapist as well as I fingered her vagina. I am a 65 year old male and have been in a monogamous relationship for years - first time I have strayed. About a week after this incident I started having a very mild burning sensation after urinating - nothing too bad but concerned it could be chlamydia as it seems that that is one of the symptoms. This last for about 5 to 10 minutes after urinating then I feel nothing. Urine is clear and there is no pus coming out of penis. This has been occurring for the past week. I know that after reading posts on this site that protected sex is safe sex and that I should not be able to catch chlamydia provided the condom did not slip or break, which it did not. But I am still worried about having unprotected sex with my wife. Should I get tested or is this just a symptom of a slightly enlarged prostate which I know I have. thanks for the help.
Possible changes in urine pH due to infection or following diet changes....
I have gone through your medical history carefully and I understand your concerns.
I am sorry about your first time of having strayed. Indeed, loyalty is very noble. However, as you did use condom without breaking or leaking, then, there is no worry about any STD including chlamydia.
With regards to burning sensation after urination is due to a possible urinary tract infection. Indeed, enlarged prostate can also cause it. However, if you have consumed less water (fluids) during this time, or have sweaten a lot, and if you might have used chilly/spicy foods/alcohol; all of these can cause burning after urination as they will change the pH of the urine (making it more acidic) and more prone to infection.
I advise to take an urine analysis to see if infection; if yes, can treat with antibiotics. Can buy a simple urine analysis strip at your drug store and can run the test at home if can't send to the lab.
Until you get urine analysis done, I advise to:
- increase fluids intake especially water
- take urine alkalizers (uva-ursi, cranberry, etc.)
- avoid spicy/chilly/oily foods/ alcohol
Hope it was of help!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bleeding after protected intercourse
- Protected intercourse swollen mucous membrane std
- Cramping after protected intercourse
- Had protected intercourse with sex worker chances of std
- What are the chances of contracting hiv from protected intercourse
- Contracting std from oral
- Had protected intercourse what are the chances of having std
- Menstration and contracting std
- Prostatitis in protected intercourse
- Possible to contract an std