Can STD be contracted through non-penetrative sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Hello Doctor,
I need your expert advice regarding an erotic massage parlor experience I had in a moment of weakness may be because of too much of work stress. I am very worried about having any STDs and passing it to my wife and children, I have a beautiful family to look after.

Following is my chain of events:-

I went for erotic massage, the lady asked me to undress and take a quick shower over my genitals. I go to massage table naked and lie facing down on towel on table. The girl is also completely naked. She applies warm NURU gel and gives a nice massage on back and shoulder. After which she asks me to turn around and lie on my back. She massages me on chest and legs and then on my penis with her hands using NURU gel. She then wears finger cap and tries inserting finger on my anus for 2 minutes but then stops. She applies NURU gel all over her breasts and on my hands and allows me to fondle her breasts and massage her vagina (no fingers inside) and rubs her boobs over my penis for a while, doing so she gives me a handjob and I ejaculate over her breasts as she rubs my penis on them. After that she wipes me with warm towel and gives a foot massage to end.

There was no oral, anal or vaginal sex involved, I did not penetrate her in any form with my penis.

My concerns are as follows:
What are my chances of getting STDs? Any in particular?

Can you please provide risk for following:
nuru massage oil
body massage
penis massage
boob massage
vagina rubbing fingering
handjob

Should I be worried of passing any infection to my wife or kids? I am having a very high guilt over this episode and want to get out of it and move on if everything is fine.

Pleaes suggest how do I go from here? Do I need any testing before I can be intimate with my wife?
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No risk of STDs

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you.
I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

The nature of physical contact that you mention is safe and there is no risk of STDs.
STDs are only transmitted through direct sex - either vaginal, anal or oral sex. Touching, rubbing each others genitals/ handjob/ fingering, skin to skin contact/ massage with oil/ gels etc are absolutely safe.

Follow-up: Can STD be contracted through non-penetrative sex? 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor for your reply.

Can I conclude nothing needs to be done on this anymore and return to my happy married life and have unprotected sex with wife without fear of infecting her?

Or do I need to wait for any window period to pass?

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No risk of STDs

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

You can have normal sexual relationship with your wife. There is no risk of any STDs through this particular physical contact.