• question-icon

Can STD be contracted through contact of vaginal secretions on chicken pox lesions?

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Does mixing of vaginal fluid via finger and chicken pox lesion (male) causes STD transfer to male?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
STD spread through contaminated finger to chickenpox lesion not possible.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Welcome once again to HCM.
Mixing of vaginal wetness over chicken pox lesion through finger is unheard and not possible. STD organisms are highly fragile and cannot survive out side atmosphere for more than few seconds. They cannot withstand drying, Atmospheric oxygen. Because of this reason transmission of STD through casual contact is remote possibility. Organisms which can spread through blood and blood products only can be present in vaginal fluid (HIV,HCV and HBV). Other organisms will be present only either in the white discharge or in the ulcer serum and not in vaginal normal secretion.
So it is not possible. Not to worry.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Dear Doctor, as like my previous question my concern is that the lady was having climax and fingering her watery vagina. While dry thumping her hand might be in touch with my pox lesion? Specially what about Herpes?I did not have oral or vaginal penetrative sex. Please advice....
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
In absence of oral or vaginal penetration, transmission of STD is unlikely.

Detailed Answer:
Hi xxxxxxxx,
Welcome back.
I can understand your concern.

Even if that lady is assumed to have some sort of STD and in that case she had attained climax (attainment of climax in women is rare and usually not with dry humping ), then also, for you, getting STD through her wet finger contaminated with her vaginal fluid, touching the healed lesion of your recent chicken pox is a remote possibility.

Genital Herpes is a painful condition. Ulcers or vesicles are seen outside the genitals usually when there was a manifestation. When she was naked , it would not have gone unnoticed.

Even in that case contaminated finger with vaginal secretion causing Herpes lesion when contacted your skin with healed pox lesion is quite unlikely.

Dr S.Murugan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist