• question-icon

Can STD be contracted through contact of bodily fluids with chicken pox lesions?

Posted on Thu, 28 Mar 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Does mixing of vaginal fluid via finger and chicken pox lesion (male) causes STD transfer to male?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mixing of vaginal fluid won't cause STD in male

Detailed Answer:

Mixing of vaginal fluid with chicken pox lesions won't cause transfer of STD in a male.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
Dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 17 hours later
Thank you Doctor for your reply. But vaginal fluid does contain STD, isnt it? If it mixes with my chicken pox lesion then there are chances, whats the STD do you think in the worst case considering there is no vaginal or oral sex and only dry humping while the lady was naked and myself was in Short half pant? Regards
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mere touching of vaginal fluid with chicken pox lesions won't cause STD

Detailed Answer:

Vaginal fluid does contain some organisms but mere touching of vaginal fluid with chicken pox lesions especially if they have healed won't cause any STD. Otherwise, with mixing of vaginal secretions with blisters of chicken pox can cause herpes infection.

Dry humping and all types of sexual acts that you have mentioned won't cause any STD. You don't have to worry about it.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
Dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist