• question-icon

Can SAM-e supplements be taken for anxiety and depression?

Posted on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Hello I have been treated for anxiety and depression for 15 years. I went through many types of medications my doctor prescribed. I had one off label medication work fairly well Adderal XR . I also take Alprazolam and Klonopin in small doses. I noticed that i still get sad feelings often especially later in the day. I was considering a supplement with my doctors consent or is there any Anti depressant that will not cause fatigue? That was the problem with all those types of medicine that did not work. Thank you

DEAR SIR, Are supplements such as XXXXXXX E, AND THERE ARE SO MANY HELPFUL WITH DEPRESSION ? Can they be taken with the meds i am taking,And of course i would run this past my doctor.
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

SAMe is actually a increasingly used supplement for depression. It is not likely to cause fatigue. It also does not have major interactions with your other medications. It might be worth a try if your doctor agrees -- it can have good results in my experience.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist