Can Regestrone delay menstruation?
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
As I understand, you will expect your period on the 19th of November, and you do not want to menstruate until the 25th of November.
Generally, progesterone tablets are used for this purpose.
Tablets like Regestrone, Meprate, Deviry etc are used.
Strength of 10 mg twice a day is the usual dosage.
You need to start it around the 14th of November, and take it until the 25th of November.
Once you stop them, you will get a withdrawal bleed within 7 days at the most.
There are no major complications as such.
You may have a heavier period after stopping the tablets.
You may have a month or two of irregular periods after taking these tablets.
But nothing major to worry about.
It is best to start these tablets after consulting your gynecologist.
All the best.
Please feel free to discuss further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Regestrone irregular menstruation
- No menstruation after regestrone 5mg
- Doses for regestrone to postpone menstruation
- Regestrone return of menstruation
- Dosage of regestrone for delaying period
- Medicine for delayed periods regestrone
- Regestrone 5mg for postponement of menstruation
- Regestrone to delay or induce periods
- Dose of regestrone to delay period
- Regestrone 5mg to delay
- Hymen not ruptured. Can I insert finger in the vagina?
- Want to conceive, have fundal subseraus fibroid. What kind of treatment...
- Pregnant. Having ovarian cyst. Has nausea and vomiting. Prescribed folic...
- Increasing red spots on abdomen since hysterectomy. Had been for...
- Had 3 times intercourse within a cycle. Took postinor and used...
- Is it safe to use contraceptive pills like i pill? Side effects?
- Had menorrhagia. Ultrasound showed uterus enlarged. Treatment?
- Had D&C and hysterscopic procedure. Prescribed Tranexamic acid. Having...
- Pregnant, in third trimester, advised 4d scan. Will it cause any harm to...
- Looking for help for Pemphigoid Bullous in throat, mouth and hands?