Can Regestrone be taken for irregular menstrual cycle?

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: It's bleeding for me now...my date has not yet came. Can I use registron tablet to stop it
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tranexamic acid, Mefenamic acid, Tab Regestrone

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Dr Purushottam Neurgaonkar here. I welcome you to HCM VIRTUAL CLINIC. I have gone through your question, and I think I have understood your concern. I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

1 ) First of all do not panic.

2 ) I will suggest you to take prescription for combination tablet of Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid, and take it 3 times a day to control the bleeding.

3 ) You can take Tab Regestrone (as you've mentioned already) on prescription twice a day till the day you don't want to have your periods.

This will not only stop your bleeding, but also can arrest the bleeding till the date you want. You will need prescription for the same.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks .
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee