Can Rebif cause vaginal bleeding after hysterectomy?

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: my neurologist sent me for an mri following severe ear infections[which antibiotics could not clear up ] . I understand i have scarring on the brain which more than likely developed from a childhood infection.That was approx 3 yrs ago and have been on rebif 22mgs subcutaenus ever since. Side effects have beenquite severe but the most worrying one is PV bleeding which is not related to reproductive as I had a total Hysterectomy in 2001 [ 14 yrs ago ]. I would really lke to stop the Rebif now, doyou think thats advisable. I know my Consultant will tell me to keep going on the medication as I should get used to it.
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Complete Gynaecological evaluation is required

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms

Vaginal bleeding after hysterectomy requires thorough evaluation, clinical examination and further investigations before attributing the cause to Rebif(Interferon). It is not advisable to discontinue it without recommendation of your Physician.
Equally more important is assessment by Gynecologist for assessment for bleeding PV.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Shobha Deepak