Can Quetiapine be discontinued without any side effects?
please provide more information
welcome to health care magic, I share your concern and I will try to help you out in best possible way.
- elaborate all the symptoms that you have
- what do you do?
- have you observed any side effects during the course of treatment ?
if possible upload me all your reports,
Please write back to me with these details so that I will be able to tell you more accurately.
You shouldn't stop it abruptly without consulting your doctor
welcome again and thanks for the follow up question
Since you have long history of medications and I can't physically examine you so I would advise you to consult your treating psychiatrist before stopping quetiapine.
Since close monitoring is required while taking these medicines so I would advise you to not to stop it abruptly without consulting your doctor.
Hope I could answer your question, please feel free to discuss further.
You should take it as your psychiatrist advised
In my opinion you should take the medicines as your psychiatrist advised.
You should not add or reduce its doses on your own.
For gas and acidity you can take antiacidity medicines like pantoprazole or ranitidine
Try to avoid junk food, carbonated drinks
Have lots of fresh fruits and vegetables
Hope I could answer your question,
Get back to me if you have further query.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is difficulty with swallowing a side effect of quetiapine?
- Quetiapine side effects 25g
- Side effect of Quetiapine
- Quetiapine fumarate side effects
- Is restlessness a side effect of quetiapine?
- Is chills a side effect of quetiapine?
- Is confusion a side effect of quetiapine?
- Quetiapine cognitive side effects
- Is tightness in the chest a side effect of quetiapine?
- Is wheezing a side effect of quetiapine?