Owl Image

Can Prozac cause constipation?

Owl Image
Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist

Question
Does Prozac cause constipation??
Wed, 20 Dec 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shubham Mehta 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM.

Constipation due to Prozac is not very common but yes, Prozac does cause constipation.

Hope this answers your query.
Thanks.

Recent questions on Prozac

I have a question about my Daughter.She is 28 years old,has discoid lupus,and the only meds she is on is Prozac for her depression and anxiety disorder.She is 5'5" and weighs about 160.She has been complaining of getting a sore throat after eating and when she wakes in the morning.It doesn't stay sore,it disappears a short time after waking and after eating,and there is no particular food that causes this...it happens no matter what she eats.This has been happening for a few days now,what would cause this ?

I have been practicing amateur bodybuilding for many years now, I am 31. I am just starting Prozac for lifelong clinical depression and am concerned about the effects on my muscle mass/growth. I have heard that there is a chance of fat increase but will it have a detrimental effect on my muscles?

a newborn drug screen is positive for TCA. Mother took PROZAC before she knew she was pregnant and stated she discontinued all meds when the pregnancy was confirmed.. Mother states she takes no medication. Urine test on mother was negative. What is the maximum time in the past that the mother could have ingested TCA in order for baby to test positive?

I am 27 years old and taking Blisovi FE 1.5 for birth control and am also taking 20mg of Prozac (a day). I have been waking up with nights sweats, soaking wet and having to change my PJs once or twice a night. Do you think it is the Birth Control...

hey guys. im looking to get off fluoxetine . im looking at certain supplements. will tryrosine or tryptophan aid in helping me get off prozac . if so how much should take and for how long? are there any long term effects to taking tryptophan or...

I take 35 mg of prozac. 30 mg of buspar twice a day. I have anxiety and depression and am 73 years old. I get stomaxch cramps, nausea and loose stools.