Can Prostap injections trigger cushings disease?

Question
Can a course of prostap injections trigger Cushings disease? I had the injections some years ago before surgery for endometriosis.
I am 57, 5'7", obese at 155lbs, but most of my weight is in my distended and pendulous abdomen. I have purple striae on my belly and thighs and fat pads on my back. I look as though my face has melted and run down into my neck. I also sweat unnaturally from my head and my hair is thinning. I do not smoke or drink and - surprisingly - eat a healthy diet and not to excess, however I do have a sedentary job and do not take as much exercise as I should. I cannot drink coffee, take a lot of sugar or take part in competition as my body cannot handle the adrenaline rush.
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
A course of prostap injections is not likely to trigger cushing's disease. There is no such association documented in the literature. The changes in your body that you have mentioned are due to a hormonal imbalance but this has nothing to do with the injections that you had years ago.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow-up: Can Prostap injections trigger cushings disease? 7 hours later
How would I address a hormonal imbalance: are there lifestyle changes I could make? The excessive sweating and anxiety over stress are particularly debilitating, as is my fat appearance.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Yes. Losing few extra pounds with regular exercise and diet control will help. You can do deep breathing exercises and Yoga to decrease the stress and anxiety.
Do consult an endocrinologist for necessary medical treatment.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.