Can Propranolol and Cialis be taken the same day?

Excellent

Question
Hi can i take Propranolol 40mg 3 times a day for stress and take a single Cialis 20mg at night to help with libedo?
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Muhammed Aslam 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no significant interaction

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Cialis has no significant interaction with propranolol. But this drug is not meant to help libido. It will help maintenance of proper erection in individuals having adequate libido.

Another important thing is, a detailed medical evaluation is needed before starting this drug, to asses the cardiovascular status, as this drug have adverse cardiovascular side effects. This has also significant interaction with some other drugs like nitrates, some antibiotics etc.

Kindly discuss with your primary physician before starting the drug.

Hope I have answered your query.
Thank you

Follow-up: Can Propranolol and Cialis be taken the same day? 2 hours later
I have also been prescribed flucloxacillin 500mg 4 times a day for a skin infection would this interact with either the Propranolol or Cialis?

Answered by Dr. Muhammed Aslam 43 hours later
Brief Answer:
No significant interactions

Detailed answer:

Thanks for the follow up.

There is no significant interactions between flucloxacillin with the other two drugs. But as I said earlier, I will reconsider using cialis if the concern is primarily low libido.

Hope this answers your query. If no further concerns, you can close and rate the query.

Regards.