Can ProbioSlim and Levoroxin be taken together?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: IS IT SAFE TO TAKE probioslim if i also take levoraxin for my throid? I SEE MY DR.EVERY 4 MONTHS B UT HAVE NOT SPOKEN TO HIM ABOUT THOUGHT I WOULD TRY TO FIND OUT FIRST FROM YOU BEFORE I TALK TO HIM ABOUT IT.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There is no scientific data regarding the drug interactions

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.

Based on the history you have shared, let me clarify that regarding all herbal supplements their are no scientific guidelines for their safety index and drug to drug interactions and FDA doesn't approve them either. Thyroxine is a serious drug and it may cause fast heart beats if it's action is increased due to any toxic drug interactions so I would recommend not to take any such chances.

Moreover since you might be using it for weight loss and thyroxine itself causes weight loss by inducing increased basal metabolic rate and thus your issue will hopefully get settled once thyroid levels are normalised.

Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar