Can Primolut N delays the period if spotting has already begin?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 10 Aug 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello doctor...last 24th December i took unwanted 72 pill....after 8 days 2nd January i got periods...it was lighter bt normal....from last night i got spotting...now i want to stop my period by taking premolut n medicine for some ritual programmes....can i take this medicine???? Will spotting be stop after taking this medicine??? Can i stop my period till 7th February wid this medicine ???
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The bleeding will stop after 3 days.

Detailed Answer:

Since the spotting has already started taking the tablet Primolut N will stop the bleeding after 2-3 days as it takes three days to show its effect on the uterus. After you will stop having the tablet you will again have a withdrawal bleeding. This can disturb your bleeding pattern. It is best to let the bleeding continue and the period will stop on its own by 5th Feb.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng