Can Primolut N be taken by a lactating mother?
Can affect a baby boy.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The lack of return of menstrual cycle is due to breast feeding. Since you are breast feeding your prolactin levels will be high and will not let the normal periods to return. Your periods will become normal after you stop breast feeding. Taking Primolut N can have an effect on your baby if he is a boy. The drug is secreted in breast milk. It is best to gradually wean your child and let the periods to normalize on their own in next 3-4 months.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Can cause feminisation if taken for prolonged periods.
Thanks for writing again.
Primolut N is a feminine hormone and can cause feminisation of a male baby. There can be some breast enlargement in the baby.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Periods started and then taken primolut
- Can primolut be taken with crocin
- Primolut n and effect on lactation
- Can folinext d be taken with primolut
- Can primolut be taken with bacterial vaginosis
- Primolut n side effect lactation
- Why taken primolut depot injection
- Can primolut be taken as emergency contraception
- Pimples after taken primolut
- Primolut n and lactation
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...